Med Spa FAQ: How to get bigger lips?
If you want plump juicy lips, the best option for you is going for lip augmentation. Generally speaking, the most common type of lip augmentation is an injectable dermal filler.
There are many types of these fillers, the most common ones contain substances that are similar to hyaluronic acid, a natural substance that helps to increase the volume of your lips. Sometimes these fillers are referred to as “hyaluronic acid fillers”.
Though less used today, collagen was once the most popular lip filler. It’s not as safe as the newer options, and doesn’t last as long. Other ways used to plump lips are fat injections and implants. They aren’t used much today because results vary dramatically and there are more side effects than with newer, safer methods.
For the best lip fillers money can buy in Newport Beach, go for hyaluronic acid. These types of fillers help plump up your lips by adding shape, structure, and volume. The effects last about six months, after which you will need to do more to keep the plumpness.
Hyaluronic acid fillers go by several names: Restylane, Juvederm, Belotero Balance, HylaForm, Elevess, and Prevelle Silk. Find the best option for you at our Medical Spa on Newport Beach.
No matter the name, hyaluronic acid fillers are all injected in a similar way and give similar results. After being injected, the filler gel helps to support and shape your lip tissue. Some of them even contain local anesthetic lidocaine.
Benefits of hyaluronic acid fillers
Hyaluronic acid fillers have several advantages over other types of fillers, including:
- Control: The doctor is able to better control the volume of substance being injected, which makes it easy to create just the right amount of lip volume.
- Pacing: You don’t need to inject it all in one go. You can gradually inject smaller amounts over multiple appointments to achieve the perfect lip volume for you.
- Easily dissolving: If your lip movements creates any unsightly bumps and lumps, they can be dissolved easily.
- Less bruising: Hyaluronic acid fillers tend to create less bruising and swelling than other filler options.
- Long-lasting: Though not permanent, the results from hyaluronic acid fillers are long-lasting.
- Unlikely to have a reaction: Hyaluronic acid fillers are unlikely to cause an allergic reaction because they are made from substances similar to what’s already found in your body. If you’re allergic to lidocaine, the local anesthetic, make sure you tell the doctor.
Lip augmentations can be done very quickly. You might need to rub numbing cream on your lips to help ease any pain. Holding ice up to your lips can help with swelling. The doctor will mark the exact spot to inject, and very small needles are used in the procedure. A difference will be noticeable immediately, and after your lips have healed your lips will look completely natural.
If you want juicy lips in Newport Beach, look no further than hyaluronic acid fillers like Juvederm and Restylane. They’re safe and effective, and will last for many months after.
Call us at (949) 203-3434 or request an appointment through our chat.